Sunday, April 11, 2010

Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is LIBERTY!

A weekend away from the same ole same ole of everyday life. Not a big deal to most, but I love to hour drive to and from Demopolis. The chaos and craziness of a major city is nowhere to be found and for 54 miles I have time to think, pray and meditate on what is actually going on in my life. This picture that is posted above is from a birthday party the other night. I may look like a child to most people, but what for a moment i think of what its like to be a child again. Childlike faith is what sticks out to me. I always pray for a faith to move mountains and to walk on water. Faith is a necessity in life that some seem to push to the side. unfortunately, as we grow older, we tend to try to dig deep into situations and through 'realities' into our experiences, when actually all we are told to do is have faith. Faith seems to be hard to grasp because on my plane ride out to Los Angeles a couple of weeks ago, I sat next to a man for 4 hours who simply minded his own business for the most part except for the times i caught a glimpse of him watching what I was doing. I simply was listening to a podcast and taking notes. He watched me write down my last note and then as i pulled my earbuds out he asked me what i was doing. I began talking to him and before I knew it, I realized just how much knowledge of the Word he had, the lack of belief he stood on and just how far I had to go which was just a silent push for my Father to dig deeper each day. But as we ventured into our last hour of our plane flight we talked about his life, my life and FAITH. Something he didn't trust in and something i was dying to experience in a new way. I walked of that plane in Phoenix pleading with the Lord for another push to go deeper in Him when in fact its been there the whole time. I dont have to beg and plead with Him to go to the next level, I just have to simply grasp hold of what i've been given and let it flow out of me. I spend so much time telling the Lord to give me faith to move mountains and faith to trust in the unknown and faith to see people healed when in fact the Word says that the SAME power that conquered the grave lives in us.  and we have been promised in the book of John that "anyone who has faith in me will do what I[Jesus] have been doing. In fact, He will do even greater things."  you've been given this power for a reason. don't sit and let such a powerful thing be useless. I leave you with this today, "But when you ask, you must believe, you must not doubt. People who doubt are like waves of the sea. The wind blows and tosses them around."(James 1:6)
Thank you Jesus for sending STRANGERS and FRIENDS to show me what Your Word says and just how to go about getting to this powerful place in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment